449. The White Stripes, "Elephant"

 


Oh, god, whatever, it's fine.  You already know this album and probably have heard all the songs.  I guess it's a good album or whatever.  I just don't care.  There's nothing really that interesting about it to me.  If you like it, that's great.  I can see liking it or loving it, just like I can see not liking it or really not giving a fuck, like me.  I just feel like having strong feelings about this album is like really really loving Heineken or Chevy Tahoes.  Like, sure, but why?

But since we're all here and there's a picture of Jack White above us, I want to talk about my favorite Jack White thing, his feud with the guy from Black Keys.  OK so Jack White has famously lived in Nashville for a while now and runs a label called Third Man Records and has a record shop down in the touristy part of town and all that.  And he got into some kind of beef with the Black Keys.  I guess he thought they stole the White Stripes sound or something.  Then there was a fight or an attempted fight at a bar in New York.  My favorite part of this, though, is that since these are not only rock stars but also just regular rich people, Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys' kid goes to a fancy rich kid school and Jack White got all bent out of shape that his extremely weird-looking ex was gonna send their kid to the same school.  I guess I just love the mental image of Jack White and his big spiky hair and extremely pale face staring daggers at Dan Auerbach in a dumb old plaid shirt at the Fall Carnival or whatever.

So that's it for 2020!  Who knows what fresh horrors await us in 2021?  Only me, for I must continue to live in dread that there is a Train album somewhere on this list and it's one of the top 448 albums of all time.  Happy New Year, everybody?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

103. De La Soul, "Three Feet High And Rising"

3. Joni Mitchell, "Blue"

1. Marvin Gaye, "What’s Going On"