My Personal Top 100: 20-1; also, thanks and goodbye

 As you'll notice below, I have irritatingly refused to rank the Top 10, which all together exist in a nebulous cloud of Top 10ness.

20. Beulah, Yoko

19. Wolf Parade, Apologies to the Queen Mary

18. Sturgill Simpson, Metamodern Sounds in Country Music

17. Dandy Warhols, Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia

16. Game Theory, The Big Shot Chronicles

15. The Beatles, The Beatles (White Album)

14. Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

13. Elliott Smith, XO

12. The Clash, London Calling

11. R.E.M., Murmur


The Top 10

The Libertines, Up the Bracket

Neutral Milk Hotel, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

The Wrens, Meadowlands

The Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street

Weakerthans, Reconstruction Site

The Trash Can Sinatras, Cake

The Loud Family, Plants and Birds and Rocks and Things

Pavement, Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

The Beatles, Abbey Road


R.E.M., Reckoning

This was fun!  Let's do it again never.

The single question I was asked most often was "Did you discover any new music that you really like because of this?"  Yesterday I spent all day listening to The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.  I am a middle-aged man.  That should answer the question.

Thanks for sticking with me through this!  

Comments

  1. What an adventure! And I'm sure, at times, what a grueling slog. I enjoyed the writing even when I could not have cared less about the subject. Congratulations on completing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

103. De La Soul, "Three Feet High And Rising"

3. Joni Mitchell, "Blue"

1. Marvin Gaye, "What’s Going On"