484.Lady Gaga, "Born This Way"

 


I am admittedly mostly ignorant in the ways of the club banger, but as a Gen X'er, this whole album mostly sounds like Madonna to me.  I was getting my eardrums blown on on earbuds but I really think this is meant to be played over huge speakers in a thickly populated dance club, maybe with some molly and a vodka Red Bull.  It's not my thing at all, but it was good accompaniment for an exercise run/walk, all in that 130-150 bpm sweet spot that's good for exercise.

But who cares about Lady Gaga's "Born this Way" right now?  It appears that we will finally be rid of Donald Trump and his corrosive, debilitating attacks on the body politic.  I'm far from the first to make this point, but what I'm really looking forward to is just the absolute leisure of being able to not think about politics for days or weeks.  I think a really underappreciated part of Trump's destructive strength was how much mental energy he required.  Every day, we'd have to get up and find out whether he made Mexican food illegal or declared war on the weather or something else that we'd have to get outraged about and then there were the endless rounds of having to call your senator or representative because they were about to take away health care from babies or give billionaires your car.  IT WAS SO EXHAUSTING.

Now, I have no illusions that the Biden administration will be the Elysian Fields every day and we'll frolic in the warm dewy sunlight and have ambrosia for dinner but I'm just hoping that I can get  FUCKING BREAK and not have to be STRESSED OUT all the time about what kind of crazy ass shit our government was going to pull.

Thank you, Lady Gaga, for stealing the election for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

103. De La Soul, "Three Feet High And Rising"

3. Joni Mitchell, "Blue"

1. Marvin Gaye, "What’s Going On"