31. Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue"

 


Once again we've arrived at a dog-talking-about-organic-chemistry moment, which is to say that I have nothing of value to offer.  I even used to own this album - the only jazz album I have ever owned - and I played it a couple of times at dinner parties when I wanted to pretend to be a grownup.  Then after some wine I just put on the Stones or whatever we actually wanted to listen to.  Adulthood: failed.

It doesn't have any words.  Miles Davis plays the trumet.  There's two sax players, John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly.  And drums.  And bass.  They all play together and it's nice.  I don't mind it at all, unlike Bitches Brew which really made me angry.  

See?  This is what happens when you put jazz albums on here.  I guess that this was a jazz album that everybody bought and liked and so they voted for it and also it's probably one of those albums you're supposed to like, but still, there should be a separate list for jazz.  (Maybe there is, I don't know.)

OK, sorry about this everyone.

Is this album in my personal Top 100? Funny!  No.

Comments

  1. I'll tell you, over at Downbeat, they're not putting Sgt. Pepper on *their* list of the top 500 albums. If we go down this road, where does it end? Are the next thirty various Thelonious Monk and Dave Brubeck albums? 'Cause those are some great albums. BUT THEY DON'T GO HERE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

103. De La Soul, "Three Feet High And Rising"

3. Joni Mitchell, "Blue"

1. Marvin Gaye, "What’s Going On"