495. Boyz II Men, "II"

 


Another album I’ve never heard all the way through!  Of course I know some of the songs just through cultural seepage but most of it is brand new to me.  More ‘90s!  Lots of ‘90s in the early going here.  

This is great!  I should have been listening to this all along.  The vocals are, of course, the star of the show and they are so smooth a child could push a refrigerator over them but there’s some great, catchy songwriting here.  I haven’t looked it up but I bet this was a monster smash hit.  (I just looked it up and “The album debuted at No. 1 in the Billboard 200 with 350,000 copies sold.  It spent a total of five weeks at No. 1 and was the third best-selling album in 1995 in the United States and sold 12 million copies in the United States.” Thanks Wiki.)  Anyway, yet another pleasant surprise.  I’m sure there will be a ton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

103. De La Soul, "Three Feet High And Rising"

3. Joni Mitchell, "Blue"

1. Marvin Gaye, "What’s Going On"